Wednesday, January 04, 2006

A Happy New Year

Hi, It's been nothing short of a whirlwind past week. Unbelievable how it's flown by, but there is something great to show for it. Leö's surgery was yesterday, and it was successful. He is currently in the pediatric intensive care area at Children's Hospital, and is recovering nicely. Brenda got some rest last night, and is hopefully as relieved as I am to have this past few days finished.

We brought Leö in for his preop appointment on Friday, and they took labs and x-rays and gave him the okay for surgery yesterday. And he was quite ready - in fact, he seemed like a different kid yesterday (Tuesday) when we brought him in to the clinic, as he was alert and perky in a manner I'd never seen before. He was cooing, and playful, really developing a personality. It was wonderful, but not the kind of attachment I want to develop moments before handing him off to nurses who will prep him for open heart surgery. But we knew we were placing him in good hands.

So Brenda and I played the fun waiting game. It was nice, Mom and my sister Jen had the boys, so we had a chance to reflect and be together during this moment. And then Brenda's folks showed up, right before the cardiologist and cardiac surgeon arrived to tell us the surgery had been completed and Leö was in recovery. Yeah!

Mom got us a digital camera for Christmas, and I've taken more pictures than I care to count with it - as soon as Brenda brings the cables (I forgot them at home), I'll post some pics of the little guy before and after.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home