Leö update, Knock on Wood
Leö failed his second audiology exam. We have to take him in for an even more detailed test to see what course of action we need to take, or even to see how serious it might be. Otherwise, he is doing very well, Brenda and I (and I think his doctors) are all quite pleased with his continued progress in gaining weight in preparation for his surgery. He'll perform swimmingly (literally, even, if they dunk him) at his baptism this Sunday.
On Monday night we attend our first meeting of a support group for the Down Syndrome Association of Minnesota. We are looking forward to it, if only to see what might await us in the future. I have two hopes/fears: first, that it's not a happy fest where we celebrate how 'special' it is to have him in the family; and two, that it's not a woe is us, woe is our child whine-a-thon where the whole world is against us and our different child. I'm overreacting, and it's certain not to be like that, but I'll be on my guard anyway.

<< Home