Thursday, October 27, 2005

Cardiologist Visit

Brenda and I took Leö to the cardiologist yesterday for his bi-weekly visit. He continues to gain weight (yeah!) and is only now starting to get the fluid buildup common with babies with a hole in their heart. So we got some prescriptions to flush out his fluids and moderate his blood pressure, which should keep the blood from repeatedly going to his lungs.

The doctor also said he has good muscle tone for a baby with Down Syndrome. I don't exactly know what that might mean for the future, but for now I can only take that as a positive sign.

Leö is eating better yesterday and today than he did on Tuesday, which was kind of a fiasco. I was in charge of giving him his bottle, but he pushed it away for two consecutive feedings. This was bad on two levels: We wasted two bottles of milk; and poor Brenda didn't get much sleep that night, as he fed four times that night - every two hours. We're all tired at the house, none more than Brenda.

Musically, I picked up a nice collection - the 3-cd A Treasury of Northern Soul - there are really no liner notes to speak of, so I'll have to do some research into what labels and locales each artist is from, but so far it sounds like a solid in unspectacular compilation. I also want to write about the new Bettye LaVette - will do so when I get a bigger moment - but it's shaping up to be one of my favorites of the year.